Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Excitement and Venom

Wow - my first ever blog. My friend is a blog veteran and has been trying to convince me set up my own one for a while now. I've been debating - the main reason against it was wondering who on earth would bother to read it. I've concluded that it is easier than constantly emailing everyone the same info - why not just direct them to my shiny new blogspot instead (this one is just for you Hannie).

There's only 4.5 days and counting until my holiday. Jetting off to Jamaica on Sunday morning at 10.30am from gatwick and I am unbelievably excited. I ordered my local currency and travellers cheques an hour ago and they will be ready for me to pick up from my local branch tomorrow. Talk about fast service. And it's all commission free. I am a big fan of Lloyds TSB at the moment - it helped that I wasn't put through to India like usual as I occasionally have trouble understanding the heavy accents. I might do a survey of the amount of times I say "excuse me" next time...

Now all that is left for me to do is sort out the books that I'm going to take to read on the beach while I'm lying in the sun (hah) and pack. I think I will leave the latter until Saturday afternoon when my beloved will be at work. There is nothing more annoying than not being able to move freely around the room just in case I obscure the view of FIFA 2006 on the tv. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to fit all of the toiletries that I've bought into my new, pink suitcase. I've been told to dress in matching pink clothes - chav anyone??!

So that's the excitement part. Here's the venom. I wrote my mum a bitch of a letter last night. Basically telling her that I've consulted a whole load of "legal professional" who all concur that she is influencing my brother's decisions and that unless he agrees to see me tomorrow, I will start court proceedings against her. Spencer thinks that the letter gives her a taste of her own medicine and that she will be shitting herself from the moment she reads it. Hopefully it will have the desired effect but we'll have to see...I'll post the outcome in the next installment. My life is starting to feel like an episode of Sunset Beach....

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger h said...

oh sunset beach... the cursed jewels, the kidnapped babies, the sexy priests...

no to the matching pink, miss.

and yay to the blog!

the best thing about those phone helplines that are in india is that they all have anglicised names, and they read from a script - the minute you ask a random question they get so flustered they go back to the beginning.
"Hello, Lloyds TSB, this is Peter, how may I help you?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home